Written by: Eivind Stigen Holter. Published: 28.01.2019
Are you going to safari in Africa? We have made a package list with some extra good tips for those traveling on adventure with GET Africa Travel.
This MUST be on safari in Africa:
- camera (battery, charge extra memory card). You will definitely experience fantastic scenery and a unique wildlife. Capture the best moments with a good SLR or mobile camera.
- Binoculars. It's actually worth investing in a binoculars before going on a safari. Then you see birds and smaller animals in a completely different way, and maybe you "scoff" an animal before the rank?
- Track-book: A good tip is to invest in a track book with the African animals.
- Safari Clothing (bright / khaki / neutral colors). Lette shirts (preferably breathable), good footwear og long pants (if you're going on a walking safari), one easy fleece sweater / windbreaker (when the sun goes down it can get cool in the safari car)
- Caps, (safari) hat and sunglasses. The sun can really roast when sitting in an open safari car under the African sun.
- Sunscreen and aftersun. Better to lubricate in advance. After-treatment is good if you forget to lubricate yourself.
- NB If you are going on a safari in southern Africa during the winter season (May - September) you may want to pack: scarf or neck, hat, warm sweater, long pants and maybe even a tights / stills. Even though it is hot during the day, it gets cold when the sun goes down.
The MOST IMPORTANT things you need to bring with you on the journey:
- passport (with valid visa if you need)
- Vaccination card and updated vaccines
- Essential Medications
- Money (Remember to check which currency is used)
- insurance certificate
- Driving license if you are going to drive a car
- Copies of personal papers (always fine with available copies)
OTHER on the package list:
- Sandals / flip-flops
- Light summer clothes (check the weather forecast before you leave)
- A light jacket or fleece sweater for cool morning and evening safaris
- Other clothes (underwear, shorts, t-shirts, etc.)
- Adapter (NOTE: South Africa uses 3 220 / 250V, 50Hz)
- Miscellaneous charger (mobile and camera)
- A good book for the flight or waiting
- Toiletries (medicines, mosquito repellent, toothbrush, etc)
Please take contact for a non-binding travel proposal:
SUBSCRIBE TO NEWSLETTER:
Do you want to receive travel inspiration, tips, news and offers? Sign up for our newsletter via the button below:
Follow us on social media for unique travel inspiration, tips and exciting news and much more!